music to my ears

people who care

fellow bloggers

Thinking of being kind

Finally another post from me but it's just gonna be a short one.As you can see in the title it's about me who was thinking of doing some kindness.
Well let the story begin shall we?
I was driving home after work today and halfway along my journey I spotted a middle-aged/old man(I seriously don't know) carrying a child in his arms and the child looked very weak and sick and could barely open his/her eyes.So that man was like trying to stop every car that passed by.He had his helmet on and there was a bike near him.From what I saw,I deduced that he needed to bring that child to see a doctor because he/she was in some kind of serious condition.
But unfortunately,his bike has died on him and he desperately tried every thing he could to bring the child to a hospital or clinic including stopping cars.
However there weren't a single soul who was willing to help and I could see that child was really sick(well at least it looked so to me).Then , I suddenly had the feeling that I wanted to help them.I hesitated a lil' but I u-turned back to that place where I saw them wanting to know if that child is ok.
When I stopped at the traffic light,I saw them and that man was practically asking everyone in the cars in front of mine.However,I think he gave up when he got turned down countless times and didnt even bother to ask me.I felt sorry for him.I wanted to help but again I was hesitant.
Who knows if it was actually what it looked to me.
I decided to to check on them one more time and so I went back to the same place again.This time the man was attempting to start his bike and it worked.And I just saw him speeding off.He did not put on a helmet for the child though.I hope he/she is all right.
After that I went straight back home feeling a bit more relieved.
This incident today sets me to thinking that is it people nowadays are all so apathetic or is it just me who wants to be a smart ass and act noble.I don't know.What do you guys think?

4 comments:

pinkbag said...

actually it's very disappointing how msian ppl behave in this kinda situations. it's so sad reading this post.see la you spread your emo-ness d.haih...sad kah si..

Choya said...

seriously to me, if i was alone in the car then 99% i won't stop to pick them up. but if i had another person around then maybe i would lend a hand.

nowadays, there are alot of devils in disguise. haha!

-choya-

pinkbag said...

haha i agree with you choya.if i'm alone, i won't be stopping too. later WE kena pulak.
but actually i'm quite surprised no motorists stopped to help in this case. coz usually sure got those kaypo apeks that rides motor will stop n ask 1 wat..

kahwhai said...

well....i dunno la.mayb im just being too stupid or others r being too heartless